Effective as of November 5, 2018
- Collecting and Using Personal Information from Website Visitors:
- Methods of Information Collection:
- Affiliate Marketing Programs and Third-Party Cookies:
- Using and Sharing Personal Information:
- Protecting Personal Information:
- Transferring Personal Information To Other Countries
- Blogs and Public Forums
- Visiting Non-Company Websites:
- Children’s Information
- Your Choices:
1. Collecting and Using Personal Information
Information You Provide Voluntarily
Certain features of the Site are only available to our registered users, and to access those areas of the Site you may be required to go through a registration and log-in process, after which you may log into the Site or certain features or areas thereof using your username and email password. You may also be required to provide personal and/or demographic information as part of the registration or log-in process. Personal information is information that can be used to identify you individually, and may include information like your name, postal address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, credit card number, subscriber name or screen name, and password used to access the Site.
We may also collect information provided by visitors in registration forms, surveys, sweepstakes, games or other contest entries, emails, texts, and other submissions or electronic messaging to us. If you choose to participate in any such activities, or if you choose to otherwise access or use any part of the Site or any of the services provided on or through the Site, we may receive or request certain personal information from you, including information like your contact information, date of birth, geolocation, past, present or future postal address, moving date and related information, information about other people like your friends and family members, information about your hobbies and interests, and information about past, present or future activities or events undertaken by you, and/or other people like your friends or family members.
Participation in all Site services and activities is completely voluntary, and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect and track automatically (1) the home server domain names, IP addresses, type of client device, and type of web browser of visitors to our Site, and (2) aggregate and specific information on what pages visitors access. We may combine your personal information with other information collected from and about you on the Site, from third parties, or from other online and offline sources.
Cross-Device Data Linking
We may also receive, use, or transfer data collected from one device to other devices that may be linked to or associated (i.e., through a common IP address) with the same user of the device where data was collected. We use the term “devices” to refer collectively to computers and mobile devices, as well as Internet browsers and other applications on your devices that interact with the Internet.
2. Methods of Information Collection
The information collection described above may use several automatic data collection tools and techniques, including cookies, clickstream, and web beacons.
- Log Files: Like many websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you, in part to improve Site functionality and the services we make available to you.
- Behavioral Advertising: If you would like to generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third-party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising, please visit the opt-out pages on the NAI website and the DAA website or click the following: NAI’s opt-out tool: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/DAA’s opt out tool: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- Local Storage: We use Local Storage (LS) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LS such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
- Single Sign-On: You may log in to the Site using sign-on services such as Google Sign-In, Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us to pre-populate our registration form, such as your name and email address. These sign-on services may also give you the option to post information about your activities on this Site to your profile page for sharing with others in your network.
- Data Analytics: We use certain web analytics services, including third-party services such as Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the Site. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on both an individual and aggregated basis. These analytics services, including third-party services such as Google Analytics, also use this information to place advertisements for our products on other websites that you visit after your use of the Site. These advertisements may be based on the pages you visited during your use of the Site. For further information about how Google may use data it collects through the Site you may visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You also may choose to install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to opt out of Google Analytics data collection, by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, this Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
3. Affiliate Marketing Programs and Third-Party Cookies
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=468496
- Pepperjam: https://www.pepperjam.com/legal
- Impact Radius: https://impact.com/privacy-policy/
- ShareASale: shareasale.com/PrivacyPolicy.pdf
4. Using and Sharing Personal Information
We may use information we collect from and about you for various purposes, including:
- To maintain an account in your name from which you can initiate and receive communications with us;
- To respond to your inquiries, and to send you information you have requested and additional information about us, our services, and third-party advertisers;
- To fulfill orders, provide service, and communicate with customers;
- To research, test and develop new products, services, features, promotions, and functionality;
- To make your use of the Site more convenient;
- To provide you and other users with customized website content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, on other sites, or via email or other electronic communication across multiple devices;
- To customize ads and to manage and facilitate messaging on third party sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Google, and Twitter;
- To contact you, including with regard to your account and for other non-marketing or administrative purposes;
- To review the traffic to and usage and operations of our Site and improve our content, products, and services;
- To address problems with the Site or our business;
- To promote the Site;
- To manage our telecommunications networks;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of data collection.
5. Protecting Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain reasonable generally-accepted administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Site visitors. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you choose to create an account on our Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any activity that occurs under your account. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account promptly after becoming aware of such unauthorized use by emailing email@example.com.
6. Transferring Personal Information to Other Countries
7. Blogs and Public Forums
Our Site may offer publicly available blogs, bulletin boards, chat rooms, ratings or reviews, or other community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. We encourage you to be cautious when submitting personal information in these public areas. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information. In that event, we will provide appropriate notice to you.
8. Visiting Non-Company Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites, which may have privacy policies and/or information collection, retention, use and disclosure practices that differ from our own. Company is not responsible for the practices (including the information collection, retention, use and disclosure practices) or content of websites other than the Site. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies and information collection, retention, use and disclosure practices. We encourage you to be aware of the privacy policies and information collection, retention, use and disclosure practices of each website with which you may interact.
9. Children’s Information
This Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 should provide information to our Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use, register for, provide information to, or use any of the interactive or public features of this Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may have. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of 18, we will delete the information as required by applicable law. California residents under the age of 18 who have registered to use the Site, and who have posted content or information on the Site, can request that such information be removed from the Site by contacting us at email@example.com or by sending a letter to 1101 Red Ventures Drive, Fort Mill, SC 29707, Attn: Privacy Officer, stating that they personally posted such content or information and detailing where the content or information is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view or anonymize it so the minor cannot be individually identified. However, this removal process cannot ensure complete or comprehensive deletion from the Internet.
10. Your Choices